Cereal Story and Picture of Richard's baptism



From the deepest part of my heart, i would like to welcome you to my weekly email and congradulate you on being cool enough to make the cut.

here´s a fun fact that i learned here in mexico, phil collins speaks fluent spanish and everyone of his songs from the tarzan soundtrack has been translated and recorded in spanish, it´s pretty cool. phil collins is the man. 

This week I went to eat some cereal, it was nesquick cereal, that stuff is the bomb by the way, i thought it would be way sugary, but really i feel great eating it, i feel fit and healthy, but i am eating too much here in mexico, if i don´t change my eatign habits, i´m going to gain a lot of weight here, a lot of the time i eat in response to stress, and missions can be stressful. 
So i take my box of cereal and i realize that our bowl is in the sink, (me and elder calderón have one bowl that we share between us, it is a sacred trust between brothers, to share a bowl.) well i take the bowl and i start to wash it, but i remember that i had just eaten out of it the night before and i figured it couldn´t be that dirty, so i just rinsed it off with water like a dang fool. and I fill that bowl with nesquick and milk and i start to go to town. but as i look down at my bowl i notice that something is off. There are ants in my cereal, like a lot of ants, i was really discouraged and a little hurt, because i really wanted to eat this bowl of cereal, and i call over my companion and he anylalizes the situation, and finally says to me "ah elder no importa!" and you better believe i ate that bowl of cereal, ants or no ants, we are missionaries and we don´t mess around when it comes to cereal.

Today Elder Calderón left my life for good. I´ll miss him dearly. He left me with this handsome weiner, Elder Villatoro, from guatamala i think, he has 6 months in the mission and a good smile. i´ve only known this kid for about an hour but i can already tell that he is going to be my best friend. We will sing together, laugh together, cry together, maybe i´ll let him use the bowl, maybe not.
But i´m excited to work with him and do some good stuff here in Nazas, Elder Calderón told me that in all of his mission, Nazas was his favorite area, it´s pretty cool, the members rock. Especially the bishop.

Love you guys

Elder Grilliot

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elder Grilliot reporting April 18th!

Pictures of my Companion Elder Villatoro

So much to Tell but so Little Time