now let me tell you about my birthday

okay. I´m gonna slow down a bit and tell you guys about the real great experiences that i´ve had with elder parra and my birthday.
birthday
my birthday was on tuesday. We treated it like any other day really, except that on monday when i told elder parra it was my birthday he bought me half a cheesecake. man i love cheese cake.  and elder parra. it was a great birthday. In the night some members who sell hamburgers treated us to some fat juicy hamburgers, they didn´t even know that they were answering the prayers of the many people who prayed me a hamburger for my birthday. 
elder parra
I love elder parra. he is honestly one of the best missionaries in the mission. He is an amazing human being and everyone he sees falls in love with him. He is from bolivia, he describes bolivia and it sounds like the best country on earth. I would very much like to visit someday.
He and his 6 siblings were raised by his single mom, they are all super sucessful and wonderful people very happy and man i have never met his mom, but just from seeing how awesome elder parra is, i know that she must be one of the most powerful women alive. Shoutout to all the single mommas out there.
This might sound weird, but when i am with elder parra i feel like i am with another american. All of my other latino companions just didn´t quite click with me, there was just something in the way they thought that made it difficult to relate to them on a deeper level. But in the one week i have had with elder parra i feel like i already understand him so well. He is super patient and level headed, he isn´t prideful at all, and he works hard. 

Okay, that is all i´m going to share for right now. 
I will share a quick thought to reedeem myself from sending such weird emails.

I know that God answers prayers. one quick example of that.
About a month or two ago i was struggling with a deep soul question. like one of those questions of the heart that you just can´t help but think about and ponder about. And i was thinking about this question for about a week, and i just couldn´t find a satisfactory answer, I was reading in the scriptures, and jotting down some thoughts, but over all i just couldn´t find an answer that made sence to me about what i should do. I was pretty bothered by it actually. After about a week of study and pondering, I decided to pray about it. I can´t actually remember if it was the first time that i prayed about it, but it was definately the first time that i prayed about it with faith. I said my prayer and layed down to go to sleep, and as i was laying down in my bed I began to feel a peaceful warm feeling that wrapped around me like a blanket. I felt my mind open up, and suddenly i understood the answer that i was looking for. I felt the answer in my heart that it was true. I wrote down my answer and went to bed, grateful for a loving father that heard my prayer.

Love you guys, mexico is good to me.

Elder Grilliot

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

With Love from Mexico