the rad bad email that i sent on a tuesday


you might be asking yourself... Why am i getting an email on a Tuesday?? from elder Grilliot???
yep.. you might ask those things.

Here We Go!
Well Let me tell you about my week!
We had transfers yesterday and elder Esparza went to a far away place with one of the kindest gentleman i have ever known.
Man I’m feeling really good about these cambios. I think last transfer was actually kind of tough but i didn´t realize it until right now that i´m out of it.
Well I´m still in Madero and they sent me Elder Saico from Lima Peru. He is a real softy. The best part is that he is really animated to be obedient and work hard to bring souls to Christ. It is really tough when two companions don´t have the same goal and perspective. He is starting his mission and everything is new and beautiful to him.
I remember the first time I ate with a member I was so so grateful. like "oh my gosh hermana why did do all this just for us!" and after a year of doing something everyday you start to slip and not feel things quite as much. every now and then now the dinner appointment falls through and I’m like "what the heck hermana!" and i have to check myself. But elder saico still has the new missionary magic with him, and it´s really sweet and I think we will have a great time together.

An activity that we are working on
Something we started doing me and elder esparza is a program that one of the stake leaders thought up that we are trying to keep going called noches de hermanimiento. In theory it´s a really pretty idea, the idea Every week the members should organize small activities in their homes by their own initiative, they would invite their friends and family to small get togethers with other members that live in their neighborhood. and at the end of every activity the "torch" is passed to another family, and the next week they have the activity in their home. The idea is that we would have like 4 or 5 of these tiny activities running at the same time. mmhm. we´ve seen some success with it. the hardest part has been keeping it going week after week.


a story I told Renae that I’ll also tell you
there is a dad named Jesus. and he is a taxi driver and he is really busy with his work, and all of his family are members but he hasn´t been baptized. and we figured out this week how to get the scriptures on audio on his phone
and he is listening to the scriptures in his car and he really likes it!
that felt really cool
by accident he started with the pearl of great price
and so he listed to the introduction to the pearl of great price and he thought it was the book of Mormon and he was so excited about what he learned and he was telling us about all the random details in the introduction and we were like, wait what the heck is this?
and then we were like oh wait that´s not the book of Mormon!
great job!.. but read the book of Mormon!
haha

The Real Elder Grilliot
is a rascal.


Something I learned thinking in the bus
Well on the bus ride to Torreón yesterday i had ALOT of time to think. To just think about whatever. I thought about dumb things like climbing mountains. But i also thought about God. And I thought, "man god is really amazing". He has created worlds without number, and yet he notices the fall of every sparrow. And i was thinking about how he must be perfectly handling every detail. And how he loves our agency and he always makes the right decision, out of love, even when he decides not to bless us. He is always present, and no one is more interested in our happiness than he is.
Man If we can trust anything, we must be able to trust him. I don´t fully understand why, but he blesses us when we trust him. He loves us so much. If we trust him with our hearts, he will fill us with love and light and happiness. Man please trust him.

As my sister often says,
"be yourself or pee yourself"
Elder Grilliot

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

With Love from Mexico