week of the tiger




hey pups. It´s the grilliot here. I don´t know what to say about this week. I´m feeling a little discouraged from time to time but we keep on keeping on. I think we made some progress this week.
I felt really grateful at the start of this week. Like I had a few days of unusually high levels of gratitude. and then at the end of the week i felt stressed and discouraged. Today we played basketball and hung out with the zone and it made me feel a lot better. One of the things that i think causes stress for me is that i feel loonely sometimes. I prayed about that when i started with elder saico, and i received a really cool revelation about how i needed to make myself and other people laugh more. 

a funny thing elder saico said this week
Man we were walking around and we passed an internet cafe, and elder saico said, "man it is really weird to see women in an internet cafe, like, they´re women" and i was like "what? is that weird?" and he was like "well yeah, in peru you never see that. Like, honestly what are they doing all day on a computer?? checking facebook? youtube!? who knows!??" and i checked with him to make sure i understood him correctly, but yeah, apparently in peru it's really progresive to see women using computers.

la hermana kika
a sad sad story really quick.
about 3 weeks ago we had a really poderosa investigator named Kika. man she was cool. we taught her about joseph smith and she said she wanted to be baptized and we asked her to say a kneeling prayer with us to finish the lesson and she started to cry and told us after that she felt like we were sent to help her change her life, and she went to church with us that sunday. Man it felt really cool.
Then out of nowhere she started to avoid us and didn't want to talk to us anymore, she would always answer the door on her phone and tell us that she didn't have time right now but that we should come back a different day. and we were really confused but we learned that her boyfriend who lives in the U.S. told her not to talk to us, and he apparently is really controlling, and it seems like we are going to have to leave her for a while. I'm pretty bummed out about it.

gratitude
about the gratitude... In the start of this week i felt really grateful. I had this great feeling of humility and understanding. and i knew that I was nothing and that I was a real rascal, and yet, I could feel that all of this, my bed, my food, the rain, the shower, was just for me. Like if we just take my breakfast for example, cornflakes, think of all the people who have worked to get the milk from the cows and put it in a bottle and transport the bottle, and the people who have harvested the corn, and the sun and the earth lend their strength to make the corn so that i can eat a bowl of cereal. All of these people and forces are organized to hold me up and help me. and i look at that and i say, wow, thank you. God is responsible, and even though i am a rascal, he continues sustaining me and giving me what i need. 
in D&C 59:21 Christ says
"And in nothing doth man aoffend God, or against none is his bwrath ckindled, save those who dconfess not his hand in all things, and eobey not his commandments."

I think it might sound superstitious to some to confess the hand of God in All things. But it is true. His hand is really in All Things. He is in the rain, and in the sun, he is in the face of my companion, and even in my cornflakes. He loves us and governs all of these things in an infinite wisdom. His plan is perfect, and he always does what is best for us. And when we see him again, we will fall at his feet and thank him for every moment, good and bad.
A modern day apostle, Elder Richard G. Scott once said. "He loves you to depth and completeness you cannot conceivof in your mortal state. Indeed, were you to know His entire plan, you would never ask for that which is contrary to ieven though your feelings tempt you to do so."

Love you all
Elder Grilliot

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

With Love from Mexico