Primary Class Q & A

Sister Swartz sent me a letter with some questions from the kids in primary.

Andreu Davis
"are you having any success teaching people the gospel?"
Andreu! Great Question!
Yes, we are having success. the people of mexico are very friendly and have great faith. As many as we can help to feel the spirit and read the book of mormon recieve a testimony that Jesus Christ has restored his church. God works very hard to prepare people so that the will be able to feel the spirit when we come to teach them. Many people here in mexico have lived very hard lives, some are very sick or very poor or very lonely, but the greatest joy that we have as missionaries is to help to poor in heart feel the love of God.

Chamae Silvey
"What are you learning on your mission?"
WOW great question! haha I am learning TONS on my mission. I´m learning a lot about myself and my different strengths and weaknesses, and how to use my strengths to help people. I´ve learned a lot about how to help people and how to let them know that you care. It´s very important that people know that you care about them before you help the to change. 

"who is your companion?"
My companion right now is Elder Villatoro, we have been together for about a month. He is from Guatemala, a very beautiful country just south of mexico. He is a very faithful and strong missionary that likes to work hard and wants to learn to love everyone on his mission. He is a new missionary like me. He is very patient and a good teacher.

Maylin Coburn
"what is your favorite story from the book of mormon?"
This is a great question! I thought a lot about this, and i think my favorite story from the Book of Mormon is when Nephi´s brothers tie him up on the boat. He is tied up very tight and in pain for three days while there is a really bad storm and his parents are sick and his little brothers are sad and his wife is crying. It was probably one of the hardest moments of his life! but he was grateful! he was full of gratitude and didn´t complain against God, even though Nephi was very righteous and didn´t do anything to deserve that. It helps me to know that I can be grateful in any circumstance! 

"do you have a bike"
No I don´t have a bike, we get a lot of help from the members or take buses and taxis if we have to go very far, but our area is very small and it is easy to walk everywhere"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

With Love from Mexico