Homeless Steve/How to Eat/The power of Pondering

okay listen up good because i´m gonna unload a fat weeks worth of mexico onto all yalls and there is nothing you can do about it.

Homeless Steve
We were contacting on the far side of our area and we saw this guy sitting in the shade and he was watching us knock on doors and we went over and talked to him. He was really thin and young, like 26 years old, and I remember thinking "man those are cool pants". And he spoke really softly and it was hard for me to understand everthing that he said. But he was happy to talk to us, he told us that he didn´t have a place to live and that he had lost his job, that he was pretty heavily using drugs and because of the drugs had lost his apitite and hadn´t eaten in three days. Elder Villatoro was full of charity for this dude and told him that he would buy him food but the guy declined. Elder Villatoro is wonderful, just a side note. The guy talked about how he felt that he had fallen out of the grace of God and wanted to change but didn´t know how. We shared a scripture, 3 Nephi 9:14, and we just testified of the love of God and his willingness to help. It was pretty sobering. But the scripture seemed to touch him and he asked for a copy of the Book of Mormon and he was so grateful for it.

how i eat
I eat really well, i´ve had a question or two about food. actually thats not true, i just like to talk about food. There are some pretty american vibes here, like the only way you could tell the difference between an american grocerystore and the stores here in mexico is that everything is in spanish. But like, I buy great value peanut butter and eggs and stuff. Milk is a little different. I buy the cheap stuff, and it says on the bottle that it is only 70 percent milk. I don´t know what the other 30 percent is, but it tastes great. Oh hey and mangos are cheaper that apples right now, i think that they are in season because when i first got here they were more expensive. I love mangos, it´s like 17 pesos a kilo. which is something like 50 cents a pound. I love mangos. 
Here is my dillema when it comes to food. I need food that is cost effective, doesn´t take a lot of time to cook, and is healthy. Eggs and oatmeal have been the pilars of my life and i will continue with them into the eternities. but i would like your guys´ ideas. What is cheap, quick, and healthy? Send me your recipies. I have a hand blender, a microwave and a stove to work with. hehehe


the power of pondering
Something i´ve been learning this week. I think that pondering is really wonderful to bring the spirit into our lives with greater abundance, It takes a fair amount of effort to really ponder, and our faith is rewarded, One way this week that I have learned to ponder better is to have sincere questions. President Barret taught me that we can´t learn enything at all without questions, it´s like creating a space in your brain to learn, and without the question, we will hear the answer and not understand it. And so I´m trying to fill my brain with sincere questions and think about them while i´m working, It creates a space for the spirit to teach, and develop your faith and feel god´s hand in your life. I really believe in this idea. I´m gonna work on this some more this week.

Love you guys.
Elder Grilldog millionaire 
bow wow wow




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

With Love from Mexico